Im pretty happy to be about to go to bed, its 9pm. I have really been hoping I would not go into labor tonight. We are nearing the end of a big snowstorm with 6+ new inches of snow on the streets, Chris is working late, Ryan and Bri took a bus downtown to see a play. Im happily home with both boys but would really be in a tough spot if I were to go into labor suddenly. Im having a few contractions, but nothing bigger than I do most nights, Im just more aware of them tonight.
Anyway...
38 weeks and measuring full term plus a bit
I worked the last 2 days leaving me swollen and a bit sore. I couldn't help taking the photo of my legs. Crazy thing is that photo was taken 2 hours after I took my socks off.
The belly photo almost seemed like too much to post but I was stunned by the size. It looks a little bigger than it really is, I didn't realize there was a shadow behind me. But its still huge! I needed to get a few more maternity shirts for work as even my biggest ones were super tight and not always covering the underside of my belly. Not totally professional. I was not thrilled to find that the best fitting ones were maternity XL. That and spending money on clothes that I for sure will not wear more than a few times is tough. But for work I felt it was necessary. Every day I work I leave thinking its my last day but if he doesn't come soon ill work again... Tomorrow Maki is coming over in the afternoon to try some acupuncture and herbs. It would be nice to go into labor more naturally before they go for the medical induction late next week. My next appointment is on Monday. We will see where things stand by then, hopefully Maki works some magic as the Chiabotti family flying in on Sunday can meet the newest family member before returning to Ely.


No comments:
Post a Comment