We are getting to the end... Things are about the same. I'm feeling pretty crummy, with the long list of pregnancy complaints. I guess I need to be happy I don't have any of the really uncomfortable things like pre eclampsia and severe swelling. According to the ultrasound last week he should be over 7lbs by now and is taking up every inch of space I have available for him.
I had my latest appointment today. I found out that there is still a lot of amniotic fluid but I didn't get any bigger by measurements. I am measuring 38 weeks, which is the same as 2 weeks ago. She figures some of the amniotic fluid is starting to decrease like it should. She did check me and I am still dilated to 1cm and 50% effaced. She said she could feel his head and could feel the excess fluid as his head moved away and usually they are stuck in place at this point. I asked her about the amount of fluid if my water were to break at home or work. She laughed and said "if your water broke today it would be a giant mess". hum that's scary She suggested I protect my car and bed, just in case. ew She predicts that the fluid will lessen over the next 2 weeks, and if he comes at 39 weeks, as Chris would like, it should be at a reasonable volume.
The other warning was about the speed of labor. We talked about how fast Andy came and the fact that I have so many strong braxton hicks contractions throughout every day. Apparently this can make for a speedy labor. Which sounds great, but I want an epidural. She paused for a bit and told me not to count on it for this one. Wha?! I guess we better move quick like when its time. I don't want to miss out and feel everything. Im ok missing out on the "joy" of feeling everything.
My weight is up there, but I guess not a concern for the Dr. I say its all due to the fluid...
Ive gained 46lbs.. Sure there could be 10 extra lbs of fluid, right?
I got this video from Andy's dad, he took him for another snowboarding lesson in Mankato on Sunday. I couldn't resist sharing, he is too cute.I had my latest appointment today. I found out that there is still a lot of amniotic fluid but I didn't get any bigger by measurements. I am measuring 38 weeks, which is the same as 2 weeks ago. She figures some of the amniotic fluid is starting to decrease like it should. She did check me and I am still dilated to 1cm and 50% effaced. She said she could feel his head and could feel the excess fluid as his head moved away and usually they are stuck in place at this point. I asked her about the amount of fluid if my water were to break at home or work. She laughed and said "if your water broke today it would be a giant mess". hum that's scary She suggested I protect my car and bed, just in case. ew She predicts that the fluid will lessen over the next 2 weeks, and if he comes at 39 weeks, as Chris would like, it should be at a reasonable volume.
The other warning was about the speed of labor. We talked about how fast Andy came and the fact that I have so many strong braxton hicks contractions throughout every day. Apparently this can make for a speedy labor. Which sounds great, but I want an epidural. She paused for a bit and told me not to count on it for this one. Wha?! I guess we better move quick like when its time. I don't want to miss out and feel everything. Im ok missing out on the "joy" of feeling everything.
My weight is up there, but I guess not a concern for the Dr. I say its all due to the fluid...
Ive gained 46lbs.. Sure there could be 10 extra lbs of fluid, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment