Monday, March 9, 2009

1st Dr Appointment

Chris and I took Miles to his first Dr appointment this morning. It was mostly a weight check to make sure he wasn't dropping weight waiting for breastmilk. He lost from birthweight but has gained 1.6oz from hospital discharge. There is plenty of milk for him now, I can't get him to drink it fast enough.
His stats from the Dr:
20 1/4 in long (50-75th percentile)
7lb 11.6oz (25-50th percentile)
36cm head (50th percentile)

He checked out fine, a little sore on his belly button, we must have bumped it this morning and it was bleeding. Nothing exciting just gross (very little grosses me out but 2 of the biggest are drying umbilical stumps and loose baby teeth and I have both in the house right now).

We made his circumcision appointment for Wednesday at 1pm. Its going to be a rough day for all. Daddy begged that he not be made to come along. Stating he may grab him and run when it comes down to it.

Im feeling pretty well (other than the massive starter milk production). Ive been meaning to step on the scale and see what starter weight I now have. I feel so tiny after dropping the majority of the belly, but im still wearing most of my bigger maternity pants. So I know I must still be up there in weight. Im looking forward to nice weather and getting out with Miles for walks around the neighborhood.

Little stinker is taking a nice long nap now, hopefully we are not missing our perfect mommy daddy nap window. He slept great until mommy was ready to go to bed. Then he was up for hours with dad. Not sure what happened after that but from midnight until 4:30 am he snacked for a minute, fell deep asleep refusing to stay awake and eat enough to sustain, got snuggled into bed and let mommy almost drift off before requesting another snack. It was a rough few hours. Leading to a confusing morning for all, getting Andy up and ready for school with the new distraction of a newborn needing attention. Day 1-we missed the bus. Chris and Andy saw the back end of it going around the corner as they came out of the alley. Oh well
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I hope the circumcision went okay! I know I had more of a melt-down about it than Matt did. I couldn't go. Matt did. The doctor said that he was the first guy she has had in many years who went with and actually stayed in the room - without fainting.

I hope he's getting better with his eating and sleeping!!